Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Following the outbreak of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Aqua Protec are prioritising support to the NHS and healthcare providers who are delivering critical care to the general public during this pandemic. Aqua Protec have over 30 years of experience working in the healthcare environment and we would like to offer our workforce as temporary support where there are staff shortages in maintenance due to increase demand or staff self-isolation.
Aqua Protec will continue to follow advice as issued by the Government. The Company is taking measures on a daily basis to ensure that it is following the most up to date advice. Aqua Protec are committed to continuing to deliver our services to our clients as far as reasonably practicable, unless otherwise instructed to do so.
What we are doing to keep our staff safe
Our primary focus is to keep a healthy workforce so that we can continue to deliver our services.
- Our Service Operatives are trained in Occupational Hygiene and follow good Infection Control Practices daily as part of their normal duties at work.
- Our already stringent personal hygiene and biological hazard control procedures have been reissued to all personnel with refresher training.
- We have introduced home working for those personnel who are able to do so as part of their job role in order increase social distancing.
- For those who cannot home work we have reduced the number of other people within the organisation who are in contact with one another to ensure that members of the same department do not contract illnesses at the same time.
What we are doing to ensure we have adequate resources
Aqua Protec has sufficient resources to continue to provide services to our clients.
We will continue to monitor our supply chain ensuring that our resources as replenished as necessary and any risk to the supply chain is identified early in accordance with the processes in our ISO9001 accredited Quality Management System.
Dedicated project manager, remotely working using VOIP, VPN and Cloud Services.
What our clients can do to help
We would ask our clients to support us in continuing our service delivery by:
- Informing us of any access restrictions in advance of our planned service visits.
- Ensure our operatives are fully briefed of any special control measures you are taking onsite to control the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) prior to or upon their arrival onsite.
Get In Touch
For more information on our extended support services please contact us at the national office on 01386 793690 or alternatively please fill out the form below
Unit 11 Stockwood Business Park,